Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Graceling and my return to reading a lot of books!!

GracelingGraceling by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am in love with the era of strong warrior women in literature but I feel that in comparison with other books of this type the story was lacking the actual fighting and I also felt like it was very much a set up story. There was a lot of background and when it came down to the actual plot line it was accelerated to the point that the final battle took a page. I was invested in the characters but there was not much growth. I do feel that the topics talked about may be a little more for 16 and up instead of 14 like the book says. There is talk about sex and portrays a woman that does not want to marry but is willing to fool around with the man she loves. I probably won't read the sequel to this book but I would recommend it if you want a quick, easy read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment