Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Easter Craft

I am trying to be a blogger and not doing a great job, but I am definitely a reader and collector of ideas through blogs. This tutorial I found on another blog but I have recreated it here for my friends.

Feathered/ Paper Punched Eggs
Tools: Decorative Paper (whatever you want your egg to look like), sewing pins, Styrofoam egg(s), circle punch (mine is by Fiskars and hand held but if you have something similar feel free to use it), and Mod Podge (to glue the last circle so you could use regular glue if you don't have mod podge laying around). 
1. Attach the first circle at the very top of the egg, using 4 pins. 
2. Attach the next circle with 1 pin, placed at the very bottom. Layer this round as little or as much as you want just as long as it covers the pins of the first circle. 
3. Place the next circle in the round just to the right of the first, placing 1 pin at the bottom of their intersection. 
4. Attach the final circle of each round with 2 pins, one on each side, at the bottom of the intersection of each of the circles below it. 
5. Continue in rounds toward the bottom of the egg. 
6. Glue the final circle to the bottom of the egg, covering all pins placed in the last round.



They look so cute all together! 
Easter Eggs inside my bunny basket. 
Oh and on a final note my mother in law, Carol, bought me these super cute bunnies that are sitting on top of our TV stand. She is awesome! I am going to pass on more crafts that I do so you guys can make them too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment