Thursday, August 19, 2010

Eat Pray Love...sounds like a great idea!


This afternoon I went to watch Eat Pray Love with my mother in law and I loved it. It is much slower than most films because it is about a woman dealing with her own self-worth. I was able to connect with Liz even though I never have been through what she was going through. I teared up several times so make sure to bring some tissues. For those that don't want to know about the movie don't read any further, just remember that I loved it and you should go with a girlfriend as soon as you can.
This movie starts off with Liz, a woman visiting Bali for her book, meeting with a medicine man. He read her palm and tells her that she is a world traveler, and that she will have two loves in her life, one short and one long. Six months later she is married and asking herself who has she become. She tells her husband she doesn't want to be married anymore and ends up with an actor younger than her. She finally realizes that she has been dating someone since she was 15 and has never given herself time to become herself. Her idea is to get away for a year while she visits Italy, India, and Bali.
In each city she begins to let go of her own baggage while she Eats Prays and finally Loves again. Javier Bardem plays Felipe, a Brazilian guy running away from his own problems in Bali. I hope you all enjoy the film and for those that are members of the church realize how wonderful it is that we have the Gospel in our lives especially through hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment