Friday, August 20, 2010

Hunger Games: a new classic?


I haven't read a story in while that makes me love the character and feel for her as much as Hunger Games has. I didn't start reading this book immediately because of all the hype. Everyone said that it was going to be the next Twilight series and I just cringed because books never seem to live up to their names....Hunger Games does!!! I think that a story about a girl that has to do what she can to survive and still keep her humanity intact is something I have been waiting to read for quite some time. Not only does it have appeal for woman but also men can enjoy the rawness that it exudes. Best part of it all is that it starts off as a survival story and ends up being a love story, one that asks some great questions about love and we know if it is truly love that we are feeling. It is now one of my favorites and I can't wait to read Catching Fire. Team Peeta all the way!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that book Elisa!! I read the first two earlier this summer (although I wasn't aware of any hype about that at that time, I'm kind of out of the loop). I just pre-ordered the third one. Although I hate saying "team Peeta" because it makes it sound too much like Twilight, I am rooting for him. :)

    ReplyDelete